Welcome to Gramma's Kitchen where you'll find lots of yummy recipes, cooking secrets/hints/shortcuts and my opinions on foodie stuff.

MagicKitchen.com

Thursday, December 3, 2009

UpTimeAmerica

I had to log on and share a link to a video with you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXeCAeACmJE . I found it to be witty and inspiring.

Trevell was so excited when I told him about "Gramma's Restaurant". When he got home it was the first thing he did and he thought it was very cool that I mentioned him. In fact, to celebrate my new blog, today I am making a slow cooker pot roast and Gramma's Yummy Cabbage (see yesterday's blog for recipe).

This weekend is going to be very busy for me...Tashyra's Girl Scout troup will have a float in the Christmas Parade Saturday nite and Sunday is the Lincoln PAL Christmas Party for Kids. Tomorrow I have two job assignments: sit in 3 different movies and record which ads they show before the movies and counting chairs in a doctor's office. Merchandising work is nice because it's always something new and different...and I get to set my own hours to boot.

Anyway, I haven't had my breakfast yet so here's a "recipe" for a sweet treat that's nice to give as Christmas gifts! Enjoy!

OVER-THE-TOP-GORP
2 or 3 cups of caramel corn
3/4 cup of pecans or almonds or peanuts
1-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1 bag of toffee bits
3/4 cup of raisins (if desired)
2 bags of Wiltons candy melts (light or dark chocolate)
Combine the first 5 ingredients in an extra large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly to evenly distribute everything. Melt the Candy melts according to package directions and pour over the goodies mixture. Fold/mix everything together until thoroughly coated with chocolate. Working quickly, drop the mixture by large spoonfuls into neat piles onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Allow to cool and chocolate to harden. Store in a cool, dry container until ready to serve, eat or package as gifts. I recommend using clear cellophane bags tied with ribbon.
NOTE: You can adjust the recipe amounts according to your own personal tastes. I happen to like more raisins and less mini marshmallows. This also works well if you use Sugar Smacks cereal instead of the caramel popcorn.
Peace, all...and I'm outta' here.

No comments:

Stonewall Kitchen, LLC