Welcome to Gramma's Kitchen where you'll find lots of yummy recipes, cooking secrets/hints/shortcuts and my opinions on foodie stuff.

MagicKitchen.com

Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year's Eve Party

Wow - the New Year's Eve Speaker Meeting, Dance and Buffet was a huge success!! I made food enough for about 150 to 200 people. I put out a buffet of all the recipes I've posted here, except for the dessert items. Everyone loved the food. I couldn't put it out fast enough. All the days of shopping and preparation and it was all almost gone in an hour. The biggest hits were the bacon-wrapped chicken bites, cranberry meatballs and loaded potato cassarole. We (my committee members and I) also made homemade dips (french onion and spinach), meat/cheese & vegetable trays, salami wraps, salami/cheese/olive picks, chips, crackers, cheese balls/spreads, dinner rolls, 120 devilled eggs and salsa. At the end of the night, all that was left was vegggies and chips/crackers. Another great event!!!

The next event I'm cooking for is the Valentine's Day Speaker Meeting, All-you-can-eat Spaghetti Feed and Dance. I'll share my personal recipe for the sauce as we get closer to the event.

In the meantime, I'm taking a much needed rest and doing no more cooking other than for my own family. Check back later for some home cooking recipes.

Peace all...Happy New Year...and I'm outta' here.

No comments:

Stonewall Kitchen, LLC