Welcome to Gramma's Kitchen where you'll find lots of yummy recipes, cooking secrets/hints/shortcuts and my opinions on foodie stuff.

MagicKitchen.com

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back on track

Well I must say I am pleased that I did not gain any weight during the holidays!!! But I know I did not eat properly either. Thank God I've learned how to eat a lot less when the food is "bad" - and by bad I mean Yummy!! All the cookies, buffets, homemade candy, etc -- if I hadn't already been learning how to practice portion control I would have gained 10 lbs. But I didn't. I actually lost 2 lbs over the holidays!! And now I am definitely back on track.

It is very hard for a foodie/food lover like myself to learn how to consistently practice self-control. But I am amazing myself and I hope to inspire my daughter and overweight friends to learn to do the same.

Anyway, no recipes yet...still kind of chilling. But I can feel a cooking episode coming on.....

Peace...and I'm outta' here.

P.S. I've been wondering if there is really anyone out there interested in anything I have to say or recipes I want to share. Oh well...if there is not, then I'm just doing this for the pleasure of writing for my daughter or grandkids. Maybe they will read this someday.

No comments:

Stonewall Kitchen, LLC